Monday 13 July 2015

The WorkBench Bistro - Ang Mo Kio

There are gradually more cafes opening in the estates of Ang Mo Kio and a colleague happened to tell me there's one just near my block (which is nearer to AMK swimming complex). It is also located along the stretch of shops where I often went to the hair salon in the past. I think it is less than a year old. 

I have been to this cafe 2 times these 2 months for dinner & brunch with colleagues and sister respectively.




It's a very simple cafe with not much crowd the 2 times I went. AND you know what? I'm addicted to the truffle fries here! I do not have to travel far for truffle fries now. The coffee blend is good too, a place for quick caffeine fix. 


Menu







I had iced latte ($5.50) with colleagues the other time, while the colleagues tried the Citrus Crush ($6). We also ordered a truffle fries ($8) to share too.



The truffles fries are not oily, dry & very crispy which I liked alot! The colleagues also ordered Carbonara pasta & chilli crab linguine (I did not take photos) which I did not really like the taste.  

We also ordered a waffle with rocky road & salted caramel ice-cream to share ($11.50). The waffle is crispy with a thin airy feeling inside and the rocky road ice-cream is superb. The salted caramel doesn't leave a deep impression on me so I don't want to comment much.    



The sister and me went on another separate occasion and I ordered the truffle fries again and a crab meat  pasta ($16.00) to share. I had a Cappuccino ($4.50) while the sister had a Hot Chocolate ($4.50).




The pasta was so-so, maybe because the tomato taste is quite strong which makes it a little sour-ish. If the sour taste could be lessened, I think it would make a perfect pasta. 

I think I will only go to this cafe for their coffee, truffle fries & waffles whenever I have these cravings since it is so near my block. 



There's NO service charge & GST too! :)








Blk 332 Ang Mo Kio Ave 1
#01-1881
Tel: 8484 2488
Tue-Sat: 12noon-10pm
Sun: 10am-10pm
Closed on Monday





How to get there? 
Bus 22, 24, 135, 262 (From AMK interchange)
Bus 853, 162, 159

No comments:

Post a Comment