Sunday 8 June 2014

Hualong Fishhead Steamboat (华龙鱼头炉) @ AMK

I believe this tze char stall is quite famous ever since it was featured on the Channel 8 variety show 《煮炒来咯》! You can see the number of crowd every weekend at the coffeeshop. 

I have been living in AMK for the past 15 years and this is the only tze char stall which managed to survive for over 10 years! I have my dinner here at least once a week as it is located next to my block. 

I have brought friends and ex-colleagues to this tze char stall and they love the food there too! This will be more of a photos post which consolidated some of the dishes I had past years. 

哈密瓜虾球 which was featured in the variety show




Sambal La-La

The Special White Bee Hoon

New type of Hor Fun

Claypot Tofu

My favorite is always their kailan with mushroom in oyster sauce! The aunty always said I'm the only customer who orders that. Heehee :p I been eating that for 10 years and never got sick of it. Their hotplate beancurd is also quite different from other tze char stalls. It is more of "chilli" type which is nice. 

Since the name is Hualong Fishhead Steamboat, they are of course famous for their fishhead steamboat! I have never been a fan of fishhead steamboat, but I love the promfret fish slices they use for the steamboat! It is very fresh and tasty and I love their soup so much, although my family finds it salty over the years. As long as it is flavourful, I don't mind! :) 

They recently came up with the White Bee Hoon dish, and I must say it's kind of different and good. It looks like the fried hokkien mee style but it's actually bee hoon. The smallest portion costs around $6 if I'm not wrong. The aunties there all know me too well already, always know what I will order when they see me. :p   

They do take reservations and accept NETS too! 




Hualong Fishhead Steamboat
Blk 347 Ang Mo Kio Ave 3
#01-2142
I Coffeeshop
Tel: 6457 2275
Mon-Sun: 11am-2.30pm, 4.30pm-11pm


No comments:

Post a Comment